Pets teach children a wide range of responsibilities, including lessons in compassion and respecting life.
Research has shown that pets teach children a wide range of responsibilities, including lessons in compassion and respecting life. Pets teach kids how to supervise an animal and to share supervision duties with others. At Creative Spaces, we look forward to having a variety of children-friendly pets and creating a schedule that encourages all students to take a part in their care and maintenance. By including children in the care of a pet the benefits are immense.
- Learn how to nurture
- Loving another creature is much more than just playing with it on occassion
- A pet depends on its family to provide food, shelter, and complete care
- Help children learn how to care for and empathize with another living being
- Responsibility for something important
- Developing a Sense of Community
- They will learn that their care matters